Second Child Dies From Illegal Pesticide Use. Third Child Critical.

A second child — a two-year-old boy — has died after exposure to a phosphine fumigant used to kill bedbugs in his Fort McMurray, Alta., apartment. On Monday, the boy’s eight-month-old sister died in hospital after being exposed to the illegally imported pesticide. Her funeral was held in Edmonton on Thursday. A third sibling, a six-year-old boy, remains at the Stollery Children's Hospital in Edmonton on a ventilator. Two other children, aged four and seven, were released from a hospital in Fort McMurray on Wednesday. Their mother, who was also under observation, has also been released. When inhaled, phosphine causes cell damage in lungs and affects the nervous system.  Original story below.